I had the pleasure of knowing my teacher, guide, and mentor in Witchcraft, Wicca and the occult for 10 years before she passed to the Summerland. She left behind a legacy that I honor to this day. She also had a wicked sense of humor. Here 10 of my favorite quotes. Her name was Lady Nefret and she was also my close friend.
1. God knows what She’s doing.
2. If the Almighty can be anything, simply because It is Almighty, then why can’t It be a drag queen with a bad-hair day?
3. Don’t take life too seriously, you won’t get out of it alive.
4. There is no such thing as a bad time – only a bad attitude.
5. You can stumble in the darkness as easily as you can be blinded by the light.
6. Animals can be more humane than people.
7. When I left the church to become Pagan, “eating the host” took on a whole new meaning.
8. Heaven is a steamy locker room filled with gorgeous football players – and I’m the only woman. Hell is when they’re all gay!
9. When in doubt, make everybody miserable.
10. I’m Pagan. I don’t have to turn the other cheek.